Method to creating a GMO
1) Scientist finds and isolates the gene with the desired genetic characteristics. This is called MAPPING.
2) Scientist makes copies of isolated gene. This is called PCR.
3) Scientist transfers desired genes to the new organisms own genes.
*** There are 3 ways to insert a gene; gene canon, soil bacteria, protoplast.
NOTE; These methods of insertion are called “Transformation”
4) Scientist creates new plant from modified gene tissue.
5) Scientists check that inserted gene functions as expected.
6) Scientist checks that gene appears in the seed’s DNA.
7) Traditional breeding is used to improve the characteristics.